Martinsburg’s stormwater management plans include a program to improve and expand drainage systems in the urban watershed, construction site runoff control and post-construction stormwater runoff management from new developments located in the watershed. The new program will also meet all of the new federal requirements, including the following:
- Control illicit discharges to storm drain systems.
- Reduce pollutants in stormwater discharges.
- Control stormwater runoff by providing design, construction and maintenance criteria for permanent and temporary stormwater facilities.
- Maintain and improve the stormwater collection system in order to protect and improve water quality in the receiving streams and to reduce or eliminate local flooding resulting from stormwater accumulation.
- Promote public education and outreach on stormwater pollution and prevention methods.