Economic and Community Development Director
The City of Martinsburg, West Virginia, located in the heart of the Eastern Panhandle, is seeking an Economic and Community Development Director.
Reporting to the City Manager, the incumbent will facilitate, administer and promote Economic Development initiatives for the City of Martinsburg.
• Identify, source and foster economic and community development opportunities and strategies.
• Develop initiatives to attract, expand and retain business in order to further develop the community.
• Secure and administer funding for development plans and projects.
• Manage the public process dealing with development initiatives and maintains data tracking systems.
• Cultivate professional networks and promote the community to expand the general business footprint.
• Evaluate program/project effectiveness.
• Strong management and administration skills.
• Highly proficient level of computer skills to include producing market research, analysis, financial reports and presentations.
• Understanding of government processes, including the areas of fiscal knowledge, legislation and resources.
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
• Public speaking and participation in community events.
• Time management, stress management, negotiation and mediation skills.
• Ability to present a positive and professional image of the City demonstrating integrity and strong ethics in the performance of assigned tasks.
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Marketing or Public Administration combined with two (2) years of experience. Certified Economic Development (CED) status desirable. Equivalencies will be considered.
Salary $65,000-$80,000 negotiable dependent on qualifications with a comprehensive benefit package.
Complete position summary and job description available at www.cityofmartinsburg.org
Position will remain open until filled with the initial review of candidates occurring on March 1, 2017.
Resumes submitted to:
City of Martinsburg
Attn: HR Director
PO Box 828
Martinsburg, WV 25402
EEO/AA. Women and minorities encouraged to apply.
Fire/EMS Applications (to test for Fire Civil Service, only)
General Applications (for ALL non-civil service, non-sworn positions)
Police Officer Applications ( to test for Police Civil Service, only)